Home :: Foundation
Foundation Makeup Tips
From setting the Base to selecting the Perfect Foundation everything you wanted to know about foundation. Foundation, also called a makeup base. Foundation is used to enhance the color of the complexion. It's purpose not only to add color but it works to smooth out the texture and tone of your skin. Three basic types may be used, depending upon your skin type.
Choosing Perfect Foundation
Are you a little nervous when it comes time to buy a new bottle of foundation and you don't have a clue what color will work for you simply by looking at the color through the bottle?
Take your old bottle with you and use it to match the color on the new foundation. Simply hold the old bottle up to the new brand and find a match. Couldn't be simpler. The biggest mistake women make is choosing a foundation that's too light. This gives an unnatural, ashen look. These days some companies hand out samples for trial - it is always helpful to take the sample home and try the foundation for a few days - that way you will know how you feel with it before buying the full size
How to apply foundation make up ?
- First begin with clean hands and a clean face.
- Now apply moisturizer appropriate to your skin type on the face.
- Let the moisturizer set for a few minutes, remove the excess moisturizer with a tissue.
- Camouflage under-eye circles and blemishes with concealer.
- Select a foundation that is appropriate to your skin type. The color should match your skin, disappearing when blended well.
- Shake the foundation bottle well to mix the formula.
- Using a makeup sponge or the tips of your fingers, apply dots of foundation on your cheeks, chin, forehead and tip of the nose.
- Using the sponge or your fingertips, blend the dots together on your face, gently blend in upward, outward motions and pay special attention to blending around the nose, mouth and jawline.
- Set the foundation with loose powder immediately after application.
- For a more natural look, put a small amount of moisturizer in the palm of my hand, mix a small amount of foundation in with it and apply it to my face.
- If your freckles are light, don't even try to cover them up. Show them off by using a sheer foundation. If you happen to have the darker ones that you just can't live with, choose a cream foundation to cover and even out skin tones.
- Don't want to go all out with a foundation? Tinted moisturizers may be all you need if your complexion is dewy, but you want a light, sheer wash to even out blotchiness.
- Always check a foundation along the jawline to be certain you will not be left with a tide-mark.
- If blending is a problem, apply the foundation while your moisturizer is still a bit wet.
- When testing foundation. Try it on the inside of the forearm as it so the closest to the neck color there. Because it's protected from UV damage. The make you buy should blend to the skin color of the neck, not the face.
- Test foundation on the inside of the forearm-skin tone is closest to neck color there, because it's protected from UV damage.
Where Do You Apply Foundation
It is not necessary to cover your entire face. Dot it only in the areas you might need it. In most cases, you will find areas of you face that are different shades. Your foundation will even them out.
Back to makeup section