Home :: Prom makeup tips
Prom Makeup Tips
Prom night is near and what better way to celebrate Spring than a formal dinner and dance with a stunning, flirty dress? Whether you have a date or you're going solo, prom is your night to glow with your own glamour and unique style.
You don't want to look ordinary, so try out some new makeup in the days leading up to your prom. There's some fantastic new eye-shadows and lip colors available with the staying power you will need for a long, fun-packed evening.
- For a very dramatic look, try some shimmer on the face and eye. Use Flash powder to add shimmer.
- Trying out a celebrity's look is a great idea for prom because changes are a professional makeup artist perfected the look just so you can copy it.
- For better pictures, use loose translucent powder on your face to cut down on your "shine" factor. Take along a compact of pressed powder for some quick touch-ups. You'll have those prom pictures for years, so don't forget these 3 things: apply liner & lipstick with a mirror before you pose and powder your oily areas.
- Select a foundation that is one shade lighter than your own, and gently place around the eye area or any other area with deepening lines. This is important, because you don't want your regular foundation welling in those lines, looking darker, and emphasizing the lines you're attempting to hide. You, too, can be picture perfect if you select the correct makeup.
- Add some shimmer powder on the high points of the face.
- Use three complimenting colors on the eyes and blend, blend, blend.
- Using a lip pencil (not too dark), draw just outside your natural lip line. Then, fill in with the color of your choice all the way to the lip's edge. Now, place a little shade of white glimmer stick right in the center of each lip, top and bottom.
- If you want to play up your eyes, go all out with liner, shadow, mascara & even false eyelashes
Back to makeup section