Home :: Fitness
Free Fitness & Exercise Tips for Women & Men
Exercise is the best way to get physically fit and lose weight. Starting an exercise at any age is extremely beneficial and can add years to your life. Experts advise that 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic activity is beneficial for both men and women.
Basic fitness and health tips.
- Quit Smoking : Smoking is very harmful to your health.
- Avoid the obvious such as fried foods, burgers and other fatty meats (i.e. pork, bacon, ham, salami, ribs and sausage). Dairy products such as cheese, cottage cheese, milk and cream should be eaten in low fat versions. Nuts and sandwich meats, mayonnaise, margarine, butter and sauces should be eaten in limited amounts.
- Drinking 8 glasses of water a day is important to your health, your normal diet and to help lose weight. Water is necessary for the metabolism of your stored fat. Weight loss cannot occur without an active metabolism which requires large quantities of water. Another way to use water to lose weight is to drink a large glass of ice water just before meals. The cold causes your stomach to shrink slightly which will make you feel full faster.
- Eat small meals slowly & often. Graze healthily.
- Aerobic, swimming, cycling, walking and jumping are all considered aerobic activities. These should be performed daily atleast for 20 to 30 mintues.
- You can walk almost anywhere at almost any time. It's one of the easiest ways to be physically active. Find out how to start your walking program, what benefits you'll get from walking and how to warm up correctly before you hit the road.
- Crash dieting, over exercising and fasting will slow down your metabolism.
- Avoid eye strain by looking away from the screen and focus on something in the distance, then focus on something close to you, do this now and whilst at work. Good excuse if you get caught looking at somebody, just tell him or her you're preventing eyestrain.
- To lose weight quickly, never skip a meal. Your first meal after waking starts your metabolism. Your metabolism then speeds up for about eight hours and then starts slowing down until you go to sleep when it goes to low until you wake and eat and start the cycle again. Skip breakfast and your metabolism doesn't get started until lunch time. You've just missed three or four hours of fat burning time. When you skip meals during the day, your metabolism also slows down. Weight loss through the burning of stored fat is all about eating enough of the right kinds of foods so you stay full and your metabolism stays as high as possible. Remember, if you feel hungry, your metabolism slows down. Stay full with healthy, nonfattening foods and your metabolism will continue to burn your stored fat as fast as your body will allow.
Back to beauty and fashion tips section