Home :: Beauty Milk
Beauty From Milk
- To make your skin soft and smooth dip a piece of cotton wool in milk and pat all over your face. Leave on for half an hour and wash off with water.
- Mix two tablespoons of milk in one teaspoon of salt and apply on the face at bedtime. This makes the skin petal soft and silken smooth.
- To lighten your complexion grind a couple of almonds in milk and apply on the face at bedtime.
- To brighten a dull complexion mix two tablespoons of milk powder with enough hydrogen peroxide to a thick paste. Mix in a few drops of liquid ammonia. Leave on for 15 minutes.
- To improve a dark and dull complexion soak bengal gram pulse (chick-pea) in milk overnight. Next morning, grind to a paste and mix in a pinch of turmeric powder and a few drops of lime juice and leave on for half an hour.
- To lighten and brighten your complexion take a tablespoon of milk and mix in one teaspoon each of carrot, orange juice and melted honey. Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- An excellent mask for a dry and blemished skin is made by taking a tablespoon of gram flour and mixing in a big pinch of turmeric powder, one-fourth teaspoon of orange peel powder, a teaspoon of beaten curd and a teaspoon of milk. Apply on the face and neck. When the skin starts feeling taut, rub it with your hands until it glows. Then, wash with tap water.
- To make the skin soft and smooth grind one fourth tea spoon of chironji to a paste and mix with one fourth teaspoon each of milk and curd. Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Another mask for making the skin soft and smooth is prepared by taking one fourth teaspoon each of watermelon, cucumber and gourd seeds and grinding them to a paste in milk. Mix in half teaspoon of cream or top of milk and a few drops of rose water. Leave on for 20 minutes.
- To lighten and brighten the skin and improve blood circulation fry a teaspoon of green gram in a teaspoon of olive oil to a red color, grind to a paste in milk. Apply on face and leave on till the skin feels taut. Then, rub the skin till it glows and wash off.
- For making the skin fair, grind as small piece of sandalwood in milk to a paste. Mix in one fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder and leave on for 20 minutes.
- To remove itching and other blemishes from the skin grind one teaspoon of yellow mustard to a paste and mix with a tablespoon of cream of milk and leave on for 20 minutes.
- To improve a dry and rough skin take two tablespoon cream of milk and add a teaspoon of almond oil and a few drops of essence of rose. Leave on for half an hour before removing with water. Besides using milk externally, drink a glass every day in order to keep your teeth, hair, nails and eyes in good condition and to put a glow into your face.
Back to beauty and fashion tips section