Home :: Puffy Eyes
Puffy Eyes - How To Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
Puffy eye is that when you awake the eyes are puffiest. Skin around and under your eyes are the thinnest and most sensitive of your body. Puffy eyes can also be a heredity problem. Late nights, allergies, high salt intake or general stress can cause the unsightly phenomenon of puffy eyes. Puffy eyes can also result from a build-up of toxins and wastes in the system.
Preventing dryness around the eyes can also be very helpful in reducing swelling. If dryness is your problem, a lightweight, fragrance-free moisturizer will help. Be certain the moisturizer does not contain any irritating ingredients that could make matters worse. Reduce your puffy eyes by taking some measures which can cause puffy eyes. Reduce puffy eyes through exercise also, move your eyes in wide circular motion, first in one direction and then the other. Move the eyes to the right and left and then up and down.You can try our home remedy for puffy eyes to be reduce.
Puffy eyes Information - Symptoms of Puffy Eyes.
- Swelling around the eyes.
- Swollen eyelid.
- Itching eyes.
- Puffy eyelids.
- Eye redness or pink eyes.
- Inability to closing or opening of the eyes is most common symptom of puffy eyes.
These above are the possible symptoms of the puffy eyes.
Puffy eyes Information - Causes of Puffy Eyes.
- Puffy eyes can be a heredity problem.
- If itching or redness accompanies the puffiness, it may be due to an allergy or dermatitis.
- Drinking alcohol more the then capacity results in hangovers and they also produce puffy eyes.
- Changes in your body's fluid balance such as due to weather changes, travel or hormone fluctuations.
- Contact lenses can cause irritation and swelling, results in puffy eyes, so be sure that you are wearing the most comfortable type for your vision correction.
- Lack of sleep may also results in puffy eyes.
- Fluids get trapped in the tissues under the eyes. Usually the eyes are puffiest when you awake. Puffy eyes can also be a sign of sinus and allergy problems.
Home remedies to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Cut out thin slices of cucumber. Chill them. Now lie down and shut your eyes. Apply chilled cucumber slices over and under-eye areas and relax. Leave it on for 15 mintues. Gently rub the slices over and under-eye areas, and then wash off. You will feel relaxed and refreshed. The natural moisture from cucumber acts as a healing tonic while the cucumber juice helps to lighten the skin too. A great relief for tired and puffy eyes.
- Drink of enough water will also reduce eye puffiness. When a person is dehydrated the body starts storing water as a defense system and this will add to puffy eyes, so drink around 8-10 glass of water daily to get rid of puffy eyes.
- Lie in a quiet room down for 15 minutes, with either a slice of raw potato or cucumber over your eyes, or cotton wool pads soaked in witch hazel (which reduces swelling) or iced water. Your eyes will sparkle and any puffiness will magically disappear.
- Remove contact lenses each night before bed to avoid puffiness caused by lens irritation and drying.
- Soak cotton wool pads in rose water and use them as eye pads, over closed eyes, this will help to get rid of puffy eyes and reduce your puffiness.
- Mix one teaspoon of salt in a pint of hot water; apply pads soaked in the saline solution on the puffy areas. A great relief for tired and puffy eyes.
- Gently tap your skin with your ring finger when you are applying eye cream to encourage the excess fluid to drain away.
- Wash your entire face with the coldest water you can stand immediately after you wake up. Use either cold tap water or a mixture of cold water and ice cubes in a large bowl or tub. Splash your face for up to 5 minutes, if possible. This helps in reduction of puffy eyes.
All above are simple home remedy to get rid of puffy eyes. If the still eyes are puffy then see your doctor. Your doctor will want to rule out other possible causes such as thyroid or kidney problems.
Recommended Puffy Eyes Reduction Gel
Spa Sciences Puffy Eyes Reduction Gel
Murad Redness Therapy Recovery Treatment Gel For Puffy Eyes
Murad Redness Therapy Neutralizing Treatment Powder is best for Puffy Eyes
Back to skin disorder section