Home :: Homemade Moisturizer
Homemade Moisturizer - Make your own moisturizer at home
Here are few recipes for making Homemade Moisturizer
If your skin is extremely dry and super-sensitive , here's how to make your own moisturizer:
Add the content of three capsules of Vitamins E and a few drops of pure essential oil for aroma (lavender, sandalwood, rose, whatever you fancy), pour into a sterile jar, and store in a dark cool place.
- Mix 1 cup liquid oil,such as avocado almond, with 1/2 cup beeswax.
- Place over low heat until the beeswax melts, remove from the heat, and whisk until cool.
Homemade moisturizer for normal skin.
- Take a rose water get 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of fresh rose petals and in a saucepan heat the water and rose petals just until boiling. then cool it and strain out the petals and add glycerin and aloe vera juice. store this in the refrigerator, now your homemade moisturizer is ready to use.
Jojoba homemade moisturizer for normal skin
Ingredients in jojoba homemade moisturizer
- 6 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 1 tablespoon pure Aloe Vera
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 8 drops sandalwood essential oil, & 4 drops rose essential oil.
Preparation of jojoba homemade moisturizer for normal skin
- Combine jojoba oil, vitamin E oil and beeswax in a small bowl.
- Place bowl in a shallow pan of boiling water and heat, stirring occasionally until the wax melts. Remove the bowl and let cool to room temperature. It will thicken and become cloudy as it cools.
- In a blender or small food processor combine Aloe Vera and rose water. Add the cooled oil and blend on high until it becomes thick and cloudy.
- Add sandalwood and rose essential oils and blend mixture into colored glass jar.
- Apply a very small amount to your face every evening instead of your usual moisturizer. If you have very dry skin you may wish to use this also in the morning.
Homemade Moisturizer for Oily, acne-prone skin
- Mix 1-1/2 teaspoons honey, the juice from 1/2 of a lemon, and 3-tablespoon yoghurt. Stir in 1 whipped egg white. Apply to face and let set about 15 minutes. Then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of ground almonds with two tablespoons of olive oil, apply to face in a gentle, circular motion, rinse well, pat dry and add moisturizer.
You might interest in more homemade beauty products:-
Back to homemade beauty recipes section