For a healthy and glowing skin
Some facts about vitamins and skin
1. Lack of vitamins can make skin lifeless, blotchy and dull.
2. A number of studies reveal that certain vitamins and minerals, when taken internally, can positively influence skin appearance, beauty, and a woman's overall health.
3. Researches have shown a strong relationship between nutritional intake and skin health. 4. Getting your vitamins for the day, i.e. taking a multi-vitamin or eating fruits and vegetables rich in all the nutrients is necessary for good health.
5. The number of skin care products containing vitamins has more than tripled since 1991.
6. Most people are deficient in vitamins, minerals and herbs that are important for your body to function properly.
You need to understand what vitamins work for what skin conditions and choose skin care products accordingly.
Skin Vitamins Glossary
1. Vitamin A
WHAT IT DOES INTERNALLY:- Necessary for normal growth , development, and renewal of skin cells; keeps skin tissue, red blood cells, and immune system healthy; antioxidant.
BEST FOOD SOURCES :- Eggs yolks, milk and other dairy products, fish oil, margined, liver.
WHAT IT DOES TOPICALLY:- Evens out skin tone; diminishes fine line; enhances epidermal turnover;may make skin more elastic; used in prescription drugs to treat acne and psoriasis; may stimulate renewal of skin cells.
2. VITAMIN B
WHAT IT DOES INTERNALLY:-Necessary for protein metabolism; building red blood cells; immune function; hormone synthesis; venous system function.
BEST FOOD SOURCES :- Poultry, fish, whole grains, dried beans, bananas, meat, dairy products, leafy green vegetables.
WHAT IT DOES TOPICALLY:-Regulates oil secretion and prevents extreme oiliness; decreases tendency towards blemishes; prevents scaly skin and dermatitis; may aid in collagen formation.
3. VITAMIN C
WHAT IT DOES INTERNALLY:-Necessary for collagen production; not synthesized by body and needs to be provided by food; neutralizes free radicals.
BEST FOOD SOURCES :- Citrus fruits, cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, fortified cereals, berries, melon, peppers, potatoes.
WHAT IT DOES TOPICALLY:-Helps heal scar tissue, cuts, and bruises; protects against UVA/UVB rays and may stimulate collagen production.
4. VITAMIN DWHAT IT DOES INTERNALLY:- Necessary for development of skin cells; promotes calcium absorption.
BEST FOOD SOURCES :- Egg yolks, salmon, liver,herring, fortified milk.
WHAT IT DOES TOPICALLY:- Moisturizes and conditions skin; may enourage normal tissue development; used in prescription drugs to treat psoriasis.
5. VITAMIN E
WHAT IT DOES INTERNALLY:- Necessary for growth of healthy tissue; an extremely stable antioxidant.
BEST FOOD SOURCES :- Wheat germ, nuts, vegetable oil, green leafy vegetables, whole grains.
WHAT IT DOES TOPICALLY:- Conditions and moisturizes skin; inhibits free- radical damage; helps heal burns, inflammation, cuts and irritation.
6.VITAMIN FWHAT IT DOES INTERNALLY:- An essential fatty acid that is a building block of the surface skin .
BEST FOOD SOURCES :- Flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, blackcurrant's, safflower oil, broage seed oil, linolenic acid.
WHAT IT DOES TOPICALLY:-Helps maintain barrier function of the skin; treatment for acne; moisturizes skin.
7. VITAMIN K
WHAT IT DOES INTERNALLY:- Helps promote blood clotting.
BEST FOOD SOURCES :- Green leafy vegetables.
WHAT IT DOES TOPICALLY:- Reduces bruising; may help relieve dark circles under eyes; treats actinic purpura in aged skin, and may help make broken capillaries fade.
Cosmetics Home || Gynaecological Problems || Beauty & Cosmetics Articles || Contact Us || Cosmetics Shopping
(c)Copyright Bestincosmetics.com All rights reserved.