Home :: Sandalwood
Sandalwood - Benefits of Sandalwood Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Santalum album
Sandalwood one of India's most treasured trees. Samdalwood is so valuable that every one is owned and controlled by the government. Sandalwood is generally a slow growing species that takes many years to reach harvestable size in its natural environment. Sandalwood is one of the oldest known perfume materials and is still used for incense and as a fragrance and fixative in soaps, cosmetics and perfumes.
The sandalwood tree must be over 30 years old before it can be used for the production of oil.
Essential Oil - Benefits of Sandalwood.
- Sandalwood oil was used traditionally by herbalists to treat skin diseases, acne, dysentery, gonorrhea, and a number of other conditions.
- Sandalwood is particularly good for include: dry skin, dry cracked feet, itchy skin, razor bumps and stretch marks.
- Using sandalwood products in the bath or shower has many benefits. The steam and the hot water help to pass the sandalwood into your lungs promoting the healing properties throughout your body.
- Sandalwood has a wonderful scent as well.
- Soaps makes from sandalwood contain such healthy ingredients as grapefruit seed extract and shea butter, both well known to be exceptional skin healing additions.
- Homemade clay face mask of sandalwood is best for skin who have acne and blackhead.
- Sandalwood oil can be diluted in water (1 part oil to 10 parts water) and used to clean wounds, spray in shoes and socks to combat tinea, or even to wipe kitchen surfaces to prevent the build-up of harmful bacteria.
- Sandalwood's sedative properties are good for treating headache, depression and tension.
Back to skin care section
Cosmetics Home || Gynaecological Problems || Beauty & Cosmetics Articles || Contact Us || Cosmetics Shopping
(c)Copyright Bestincosmetics.com All rights reserved.