Home :: Leukonychia
Leukonychia - Causes, Symptoms And Treatment of Leukonychia
What is Leukonychia ?
Leukonychia is a medical term for white spots appearing on nails . Leukonychia can occur with arsenic poisoning, heart disease, renal failure, pneumonia, or hypoalbuminemia.
Common Causes of Leukonychia
- Chronic exposure to moisture or to nail polish can produce brittle nails with peeling of the edge of the nail.
- A crush injury to base of the nail or the nail bed may produce a permanent deformity.
- The most common cause is injury to the base (matrix) of the nail .
- Deficiency of copper and zinc in dody.
- Fungus or yeast produce changes in the color, texture, and shape of the nails.
- Vitamin deficiency can cause a loss of luster or brittle nails
Symptoms of Leukonychia
Some of the common symptoms of Leukonychia are :-
- White nails.
- Abnormal colored nails.
- Skin cysts.
Treatment for Leukonychia
- Food like wheat bran , whole grains , nuts and green leafy vegetables should be consumed in daily life for the deficiency of zinc, which attributed to appearance of white spots.
- For nail abnormalities due to nail biting, picking, and tearing, stop these behaviors.
- For brittle nails, keep the nails short and avoid nail polish. Use an emollient (skin softening) cream after washing or bathing.
Cosmetics Home || Beauty & Cosmetics Articles || Contact Us || Cosmetics Shopping
(c)Copyright Bestincosmetics.com All rights reserved.