Home :: Hair Shampooing
Hair Shampooing - Right Way to Shampoo your Hairs
Hair Shampoos are designed to cleanse the hair and scalp, removing dirt and grime without stripping away too much of the natural sebum. Clean shiny hair is seen as a sign of good health. One of the best shampoo types to use is a shampoo with a balanced P.H. value, these shampoo's will return your hair to its natural P.H. level and make manageability very easy. Choosing the correct shampoo and conditioner for your hair can be a matter of trial and error
How to properly shampoo your hair?
- First, select the correct shampoo for your hair type. If any doubt go for this Herbal Essence Shampoo.
- Then thoroughly saturate scalp and hair using warm or cool water (hot water tends to dry out hair and scalp) so warm water is preferable.
- Take a small amount of shampoo to palm and rub hands together to evenly distribute and rub on your scalp or hair.
- Now apply shampoo to scalp with the balls of your fingers. Continue this by gently massaging your head with your fingertips while shampooing.
- Gently rotate your scalp (not your hair) with circular movements, then work out your way to the ends, because this is the direction in which the hair cuticle lies.
- Rinse in cool water. It closes the cuticle and stimulates the scalp.
Now how to conditioning your hair.
- After rinsing shampoo, apply some conditioner in one hand and rub palms together to evenly distribute.
- Apply the conditioner from the middle of the hair shaft down to ends; do not massage conditioner.
- Leave conditioner on hair long to help smooth the cuticle for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water.
- After rinsing, gently blot the hair dry with a towel - don't rub. Rubbing can weaken your hair.
Back to hair care section