Home :: Baldness
Baldness - Causes And Natural Home Remedies To Cure Baldness
What is Baldness ?
Baldness, also known as alopecia, is hair loss, or absence of hair. Baldness is usually most noticeable on the scalp, but can occur anywhere on the body where hair grows. The condition is more common in men than in women.
Causes of Baldness
The most important cause of loss of hair is inadequate nutrition. Even a partial lack of almost any nutrient may cause hair to fall. Some of the common causes of Baldness are :-
- Family history of baldness.
- Stress such as worry, anxiety.
- Iron deficiency.
- Exposure to chemicals such as those used to purify swimming pools, bleach, dye, and perm hair.
- Skin disease.
Natural Home Remedies To Cure Baldness
Several natural home remedies have been found useful in the prevention and treatment of the Baldness are :-
- Grind 1/2 lime seeds, and 1/2 black pepper, apply to bald patches regularly. Helpful home remedy to cure baldness.
- Daily application of refined coconut oil mixed with limewater and lime juice on the hair, prevents loss of hair and lengthens them. Application of the juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also considered beneficial. Amaranth, known as chaulai-ka-saag in the vernacular, is another valuable remedy.
- Rinse hair with a mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea to help hair grow.
- Drink a smoothie of banana, honey, yogurt, and skim milk.
- Rub on the scalp with 1 teaspoon oil in which raw mangoes have been preserved for over one year. Repeat treatment frequently.
- Grind lime seeds and black pepper in equal number in some water and apply on the scalp regularly. Helps to cure baldness
- Boil 1 cup mustard oil with 4 tablespoon henna leaves. Filter and bottle. Massage on the scalp regularly.
- Another useful natural remedy for patchy loss of hair is the paste of liquorices (mulethi) made by grinding the pieces in milk with a pinch of saffron. This paste should be applied over the bald patches in the night before going to bed.
Back to hair care section